Baked Chakli is a crunchy and tasty healty tea time snack. This is a baked version of the original deep fried chakli.
- Rice flour (1/2 cup)
- All purpose flour(1/2 cup)
- Sesame seeds (1 tbsp)
- Carom seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder( 1/2 tsp)
- Chilly powder(1/2 tsp)
- Salt (1 tsp) or as per your taste.
- Asafoetida powder(1/2 tsp)
- Cooking oil(1 tsp)
- Yoghurt (1/3 cup)
- Pre heat the oven at 200 degree celicius for 10 minutes. Grease a baking tray. If you are using a non stick tray, no need for greasing it.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice flour, all purpose flour, sesame seeds, carom seeds, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, asafoetida, oil and mix well.
- Add little by little youghurt till it becomes a soft dough. The dough consistency should be as that of a chapati dough.
- Give the dough a cylindrical shape and place it into the chakli maker and press it gently.
- On the baking tray, start turing the handle of the lid till the douch starts to come out from the other end. Swirl them to get nice chakli shape.
- While reaching the end, break the chain with a finger and attach the chain to the swirl.
- There we have our chakli ready to go into the oven for baking.
- Bake it in a pre heated oven of 200 degree celicius for 16 minutes.
- Allow the chakli to cool before serving.
- Delicious and cruncy baked chakli is now ready to be served as a tea time snack.