Patiri is a traditional flat bread made in Kerala
- Roasted rice flour (2 cups)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Water (3 cups)
- In a pan, add water,and bring it to a boil. Once the water starts to boil, add roasted rice flour into the hot water and mix well.Switch off the flame, mix well & allow the mixture to cool.
- Once the dough becomes cool enough to handle, transfer it to a mixing bowl and knead it well with your hands till the mixture develops slight shine.
- Once the dough is ready, divide it into small lemon size balls.
- Roll the dough out on a flat wooden surface. Dust some rice flour so that the dough does not stick while rolling. Take the dough ball and flatten it into 6 inch discs.
- Heat the griddle and cook the bread on both sides. Make sure that the colour remains white. Cook it till it is done and remove the patri out of the griddle.
Enjoy this patri with some kerala chicken curry or fish curry.
This bread can also be enjoyed by people who are allergic to gluten as it is only made with rice.